The Deliveroo Picking API provides developers with a lightweight, robust integration solution for partners to manage the following in real-time:
- Start Picking Process for Order for placed orders
- Accept and reject orders
- Update order item quantities
- Make amendments (including substitutions) on placed orders
- Receive notifications throughout an order’s lifecycle
Aside from these key features, the Picking API also provides partners and integrators with the ability to build/leverage their own picking software as well as utilise store-specific features (e.g. optimising their picking route so that frozen items are picked last).
- A customer places an order through Deliveroo's website or app.
- We send an event,
order.status_update, about it via the Picking Events webhook with the order's status as
- The site would notify Deliveroo for Start Picking by calling our Start Picking Process for Order
- The site makes any Updates for any quantities by calling our Update order item quantities or make any substitutions by calling our Make amendments (including substitutions) on Placed Status order.
- The site accepts (or rejects) this order by calling our Accept and reject endpoint.
- After your call succeeds, we'll send you a notification about the status change. Via the Picking Events webhook, we send you an
order.status_updateevent presenting all the updated information about the order.
- If customer wants to cancel an order then we will notify you about order's status change via Order Events webhook (
order.status_updateevent). Please see Canceled Orders for more details.
Updated 9 days ago